Since 2013, this event has annually selected and awarded individuals and businesses whose ideas are bringing innovation and disruption into the digital and technology sector. The aim of these awards is to highlight people and companies seeking to bring about a positive change in the world.
The entries opened in June 2017 and closed in August 2017 and the regional finalists will be announced on the 23 of October. On the 7th of December, the EMEA Awards will be revealed in London, while the APAC and USA events will take place in Melbourne.
Which Categories Will Be Awarded?
This year there have been some changes to the talent Unleashed Awards format as new categories and regions have been introduced and the judging process has been enhanced. Now the prize is guaranteed for winners of each of the three award regions: the Asia-Pacific region (APAC), the United States region (USA) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa region (EMEA).
Anyone who meets the category description and judging criteria can participate in one of the following five categories:
- Best Idea - One to Watch: for early stage businesses with a brave idea or a new technology that has the potential to impact the world.
- Best Startup - Social or Community Impact: for startups who have brought a big positive change in social, environmental, philanthropic or community issues by using innovative technology.
- Best Startup – Tech or Digital Innovation: for startups who have achieved great results, growth or industry transformation thanks to the development of innovative technologies or the creation of unique digital products.
- Most disruptive Technology or Digital Leader: for company leaders who have driven technological change and great results by taking a unique approach to improving their organisation’s technology strategy or digital environment.
- Most progressive Workplace Leader: for leaders who have empowered their employees, transformed the work environment and culture through innovative staff engagement strategies or by using tools and technologies that inspire others to create an engaging workspace.
Judges & Prize
The Global Judge Panel will be comprised of Silicon Valley icon; Steve Wozniak, successful entrepreneur; Richard Branson, and Jane Tewson, a world-renowned innovator.
The regional judges are recognised technology leaders and global technology entrepreneurs. One of the APAC Judges and Panellists will be Chris Gilbert, co-founder of the online equity crowdfunding platform Equitise, who certainly knows what it’s like to get a startup off the ground.
The prize for the seven winners of the Global Grand Prize Category is something extraordinary; certainly, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The winners will attend a VIP lunch with Steve Wozniak, as part of an all-expenses-paid trip to Silicon Valley. Here they will visit leading tech companies and they will meet some of the brightest minds in the digital and tech space.
The Talent Unleashed is a movement; a wave of innovation and optimism that wants to celebrate the most inspirational and passionate people of the technological and digital sectors.
Learn more about the event on the Talent Unleashed Awards 2017 website and do not miss our next article about the finalists!