Melbourne will host the First FinTech Festival 2017 – more than 20 events that will cover the main themes connected to the Australian fintech industry
The countdown to the beginning of the first Australian FinTech Festival has begun. This incredible new event showcases Australian fintech to the world and will liven up Melbourne from the 27th of October until the 3rd of November 2017.
Presented by The Victorian Government, Intersekt was born from the success of the 2016 Collab/Collide Summit, organised by FinTech Australia in partnership with LaunchVic.
This year the event will be held in partnership with FinTech Australia and FinTech Victoria, Next Money, and York Butter Factory.
There will be more than 1,000 participants from the APAC region and 93 speakers. There is a great balance between female (47%) and males (53%) – a change from past fintech events which tended to be dominated by males.
The idea for the festival came from the fact that fintech is the main Australian startup sub-sector targeted by investors, and is predicted to grow to a $4 billion industry by 2020. Fintech is changing the Australian financial and insurance services industry.
Over 20 events will keep the participants busy, covering topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, cryptocurrency, open data, digital identity, neo banks, payments, policy, RegTech and Women in FinTech.
The main Festival events are:
- Collab/Collide Summit (Thursday, 2 November – Friday, 3 November), will focus on the Australian fintech industry. Below we will dig into the Summit themes and details.
- FinTech Semi-Final Open Pitch Night (Thursday, 3 November), presented by Next Money and Visa. Fintech startups will compete to be on stage in Hong Kong and be the best at Asia’s biggest fintech pitch fest.
- Showcase Circuit (Monday, 30 October – Tuesday, 31 October), Melbourne Corporate Venues and co-working Hubs will host multiple events around the city to showcase the future of fintech.
- Blockchain Day (Wednesday, 1 November), leaders on Blockchain, such as the Blockchain Centre and AgriDigital, will talk about innovation in Blockchain and digital currency.
- RMIT FinTech Symposium and Masterclass (from Friday, 27 October to Sunday, 29 October). The RMIT University Fintech Symposium will host local and international masters to provide a global perspective on financial services innovation.
- NAB weekend Hackaton (Friday, 27 October), the winning team will receive $500,000 and the opportunity to pitch at Singapore FinTech Week.
- During the week, an expo featuring local and international fintechs, corporates and trade delegations will be on and many social events including cocktail parties and VIP dinners have been organised in the city.
COLLAB/COLLIDE SUMMIT 2017
- The Summit is the key event of the Festival and it will connect all the important actors of the fintech landscape, from startups to Corporates, Government and Regulators.
- The Summit will be presented by FinTech Australia and Next Money. In these two days, world leading speakers will explore the encounter between technology and the finance sector, both from an Australian and international perspective.
The main themes will be:
- Policy discussion: open data, SME lending, digital advice, crowdfunding, blockchain.
- Local perspective: Census update, open data, payments, lending standards.
- International perspective: cryptocurrency, neo banks, APAC FinTech, women in Fintech and future of Fintech.
Visit the website to get more information about all the event, speakers and to book your ticket. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend a unique event that gives you the chance to connect with a targeted highly engaged community.