Equitise has recently acquired Rabble. Rabble is a Kiwi online business/community directory founded by Southgate Labs in 2013. The Directory includes established businesses and start-ups. The goal of establishing Rabble is to raise businesses/start-ups profiles, recruit, and attract investment and advice.
The acquisition brings 600+ Rabble tech companies, investors and advisors to the Equitise platform. As the first trans-Tasman crowd-equity platform, we intend to run Rabble in parallel with our Australasian-focused product, providing members with easy access to crowd-funding opportunities. This acquisition will boost our competitive durability and our brand. Our mission is to enable Aussie & Kiwi startups to raise capital in an intuitive, simple and social way. As such, this acquisition supports our belief that removing traditional barriers to investing and sourcing capital is crucial to help businesses grow and ultimately enhance the overall economy.
What are the benefits?
- Easy access to online business/start-ups directory
- 600+ of New Zealand companies including hi-tech, e-commerce and life sciences.
- Simplifying the process to access investors, advisors, start-ups and businesses
- Collaborating with highly skilled professionals
To celebrate this milestone, we are launching a competition for both established companies and early-stage businesses with prizes amounting to +$20,000.
- The prize in the established business category includes a package of business services valued at over $10,000 to help the winners raise capital for expansion.
- The early-stage category prize includes $10,000 web development and additional business growth support including mentoring from Suse Reynolds, an angel investor and Executive Director of the NZ Angel Association, who will also be helping Equitise with the judging.
Companies are encouraged to enter at www.equitise.com/competition - entry takes just 2 minutes and entries close on 1st May 2015.
Rabble creator Rowan Simpson:
“We originally built Rabble because we thought it was an important resource for early-stage companies in New Zealand who wanted to raise their profile, build their team and attract investors and advisors.”
“We’re excited the team at Equitise share this view and look forward to seeing it continue to flourish in the future as part of their platform.”
Equitise Co-founder Chris Gilbert:
“We are excited by the strategic benefits Rabble is going to provide to Equitise and look forward to giving members of both platforms a fantastic and integrated service in the coming months”
Equitise Co-founder Jonathon Wilkinson:
“We see Rabble as a tremendous resource to benefit the private company ecosystem. We are dedicated to growing it and having the community grow along with it!”