Conditions of This Instruction To Accept Direct Debits
1. The Initiator
- Will not initiate a Direct Debit on my/our account unless authorisation is received from me/us in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed between me/us and the Initiator of each amount to be debited from my/our account.
- Has agreed to send notice of the net amount of each Direct Debit and the due date of debiting after receiving authorisation from me/us under clause 1(a) but no later than the date the Direct Debit will be initiated. This notice must be provided in writing (including be electronic means and SMS where the Customer has provided prior written consent (including by electronic means including SMS) to communicate electronically).
- The notice is to include the following message:
"The amount $............ was directly debited to your Bank account on (initiating date)."
- May, upon the relationship which gave rise to this Instruction being terminated, give notice to the Bank that no further Direct Debits are to be initiated under the Instruction. Upon receipt of such notice the Bank may terminate this Instruction as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
- May, upon receiving written notice (dated after the date of this Instruction) from a bank to which I/we have transferred my/our account, initiate Direct Debits in reliance of that written notice and this Instruction from the account identified in the written notice.
2. The Customer may
- At any time, terminate this Instruction as to future payments by giving notice of termination to the Bank and to the Initiator by the means agreed by the Customer, Bank and Initiator.
- Stop payment of any Direct Debit to be initiated under this Instruction by the Initiator by giving written notice to the Bank prior to the Direct Debit being paid by the Bank.
- Where a variation to the amount agreed between the Initiator and the Customer from time to time to be Direct Debited has been made without notice being given in terms of clause 1(a) above, request the Bank to reverse or alter any such Direct Debit initiated by the Initiator by debiting the amount of the reversal of alteration of a Direct Debit back to the Initiator through the Initiator’s Bank, PROVIDED such request is made not more than 120 days from the date when the Direct Debit was debited to my/our account.
- Request the Bank to reverse any Direct Debits initiated by the Initiator under the Instructions by debiting the amount of the Direct Debits back to the Initiator through the Initiator’s Bank where the Initiator cannot produce a copy of the Instructions and/or Confirmation to me/us that I/we are reasonably satisfied demonstrate that I/we have authorised my/our bank to accept Direct Debits from the Initiator against my/our account PROVIDED the request is made not more than 9 months from the date when the first Direct Debit was debited to my/our account by the Initiator under the Instructions.
3. The Customer acknowledges that
- This Instruction will remain in full force and effect in respect of all Direct Debits passed to my/our account in good faith notwithstanding my/our death, bankruptcy or other revocation of this Instruction until actual notice of such event is received by the Bank.
- In any event this Instruction is subject to any arrangement now or hereafter existing between me/us and the Bank in relation to my/our account.
- Any dispute as to the correctness or validity of an amount debited to my/our account shall not be the concern of the Bank except in so far as the Direct Debit has not been paid in accordance with this Instruction. Any other dispute lies between me/us and the Initiator.
- Where the Bank has used reasonable care and skill in acting in accordance with this Instruction, the Bank accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of:
- The accuracy of information about Direct Debits on Bank statements; and
- any variations between notices given by the Initiator and the amounts of Direct Debit.
- The Bank is not responsible for, or under any liability in respect of the Initiator’s failure to give notice in accordance with 1(a), nor for the non-receipt or late receipt of notice by me/us for any reason whatsoever. In any such situation the dispute lies between me/us and the Initiator.
4. The Bank may
- In its absolute discretion conclusively determine the order of priority of payment by it of any monies pursuant to this or any other authority, cheque or draft properly signed by me/us and given to or drawn on the Bank.
- At any time terminate this Instruction as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
- Charge its current fees for this service in force from time-to-time.
5. Split Payments
- INITIAL TERMS Split Payments will debit your nominated account for the amounts and at the frequency of payments as agreed between you and the Payment Initiator with whom you have a direct debit agreement and authorised by the Split Payments DDR contract authorised and accepted by you.
- CHANGE OF TERMS Terms may be changed immediately with the approval of the Payment Initiator or within the parameters of the Digital Agreement issued by the Payment Initiator and approved by the User. This is managed through the Split Payments Platform.
- DEFERRING OR STOPPING A PAYMENT Should you wish to defer a payment to another date you must contact the Payment Initiator before the date of that payment to request the deferment. Deferments are entirely at the discretion of the Payment Initiator. You may request to stop an individual payment through the Split Payments platform however you will still be liable to make this payment to the Payment Initiator.
- ALTERING THE SCHEDULE Should you wish to alter the payment frequency or Day to Debit contact the Payment Initiator. Altering schedule is solely at the discretion of the Payment Initiator. The Payment Initiator may charge a fee for this service. The Payment Initiator shall notify you of these fees. Any changes made will not affect the total amount you would otherwise have paid over the minimum term of your Contract.
- CANCELLING THE PAYMENTS You can cancel this Direct Debit Request Authority at any time through the Split Payments platform. Cancellation of the authority to debit your account will not terminate your contract or remove your liability to make the payments you have agreed to with the Payment Initiator.
- DISPUTES If you dispute any debit payment, you must notify the Payment Initiator immediately. The Payment Initiator will respond to your dispute within 7 working days and will immediately refund the amount of the debit if they are not able to substantiate the reason for it. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the Payment Initiator to your dispute, contact Split Payments who will respond to you with an answer to your claim within 5 business days if your claim is lodged within 12 months of the disputed drawing, or within 30 business days if your claim is lodged after 12 months from the disputed drawing.
- BUSINESS DAYS When the day to debit falls on a weekend or public holiday the debit will be initiated on the next working day.
- DISHONOURED PAYMENTS It is your responsibility to ensure that on the due date clear funds are available in your nominated account to meet the direct debit payment. Should your payment be dishonoured, you authorise Split Payments to debit your account when clear funds become available in your nominated bank account.
- ENQUIRIES Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to those already mentioned, you are responsible for ensuring that your nominated account is able to accept direct debits. If it is not, it is your responsibility to provide Split Payments with a new account number.
- You request and authorise Split Payments Pty Ltd (User ID #492448, 531942, 543948, 543950, 543949, 543954, 538925, 543947, 543955, 543956, 543957, 543958, 543962) on behalf of the Payment Initiator with whom you have a direct debit agreement, to arrange through its own financial institution, to debit from your nominated account any amount the Payment Initiator has deemed payable by you.
- This debit or charge will be made through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) from your account held at the financial institution you have nominated below and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.