Full-time | Sydney NSW, Australia
Equitise is the market leader in crowd equity funding. We bring together high
growth, innovative companies (that go through a rigorous internal selection process) and
investors through our online platform to create a win- win situation. Our company played a
pivotal role in creating the recently licensed retail equity crowdfunding market in Australia
which allows Australian and New Zealand citizens to invest as little as $50 and become a
shareholder in a business. More importantly, the new retail crowdfunding platform allows loyal
customers to become an integral part of a business they have loved and admired. Please visit our
website at https://equitise.com/ if you want any additional information about our company.
At Equitise, we fully understand that a good work environment helps
enhance productivity, satisfaction and creativity. Our office is conveniently located in the Tank
Stream Lab coworking space on 17-19 Bridge Street in the heart of Sydney CBD. Our
Coworking office space includes a café quality coffee machine, massage chair, ping pong table
and a bar and entertainment area. Employees are also welcoming to join the Run club and/or the
Golf club and enjoy free Yoga and Pilates classes every other Thursday and free breakfast every
Friday. Interested employees can also take part in various Tank Stream Lab events.
Equitise is a startup company. This means you will be working with a
relatively small team consisting of around 10 members. The team is very friendly, diverse and
more importantly goal/objective driven. Most of your duties and responsibilities mentioned
below will take place in a fast paced, creative and innovative environment which will
compliment someone willing to ‘wear many hats’ and ‘think outside the box’. Individuals who
appreciate the vast learning potential from getting their hands dirty in multiple tasks/roles and the
opportunity to meet entrepreneurs, will be best suited for the position.
The job title for the position is Analyst. This is a full-time position and the
person who occupies this role will report to the Head of Fundraising at Equitise. We are looking
for people who are digitally savvy, take initiative and more importantly are punctilious.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and screen investment opportunities, initiating and managing relationships with founders.
- Assist in the preparation of capital raise materials for Equitise and our clients.
- Conducting due diligence, analysis, of all companies approaching platform both inbound and outbound.
- Lead market, commercial, financial and valuation analysis for new investment opportunities
- Project manage the investment process, with target, co-investors, external legal and key internal stakeholders.
- Develop deep market and investment insights into areas of interest including data capturing and analysis.
- Develop strategic relationships with and grow our community of entrepreneurs, VCs’, investors and internal and external partners.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
Required skills and competencies
- 1-3 years’ experience in private equity investment, management consulting or large financial institutions, ideally with direct exposure to venture capital fundraising rounds.
- Demonstrable ability to build financial models and perform quantitative analysis necessary to assess unit economics, financial soundness and valuation reasonableness.
- Experience in conducting due diligence.
- Ability to build constructive and effective working relationships with both internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams.
- Experience and an active curiosity in technology, innovation and the start-up ecosystem.
- Relentless passion for self-improvement and learning.
NOTE: Applicants must be living in Australia and hold an applicable work visa if not an Australian citizen.
Apply to job